Monday, April 25, 2011

So that's my problem!

     I realized the other day that my issue is I start things and never finish them. I was gung-ho about this blog and have posted once. I hope to get better as time goes on. Life has been busy and crazy since February and I won't try to catch you up on all the details, but instead will make a commitment to work toward a blog a week.
     Last week was an  AMAZING week, but busy as ever. It was Holy Week and for the first time in my tenure at SUMC we had Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services. It was so amazing to see God moving through the people of the church as we commemorated the last supper and foot washing as contained in the Gospel of John on Maundy Thursday. Following that service, we went to First Baptist Church to do a baptism by immersion. It was an eye-opening experience. Good Friday service seemed mediocre until we participated in Christ's Lament. Our fallibility was made clear through those sobering words. On Easter Sunday, we had a baptism, a confirmation, and holy communion. It was a great celebration of the Risen Christ! We had over 70 in worship and enjoyed a wonderful meal prepared by the members of the Church following worship!
     This week we really get busy on packing as we only have 6 weeks until the big move! We are excited and nervous all at the same time! Hopefully, I will be true to my commitment and post in a week, if not sooner!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogger world. Thanks for the update. I try to do a blog a week...sometimes more, sometimes less, but it probably evens out. 6 weeks, 6 weeks, 6 weeks!! :-)

    ReplyDelete