Monday, May 2, 2011

Reflections on OBL seem natural, but I'm not ready.

     Most of my friends who blog have been blogging about the death of Osama bin Laden or OBL. It is such a big subject to think about that I have decided I really need to temper my reaction and think more about what my reaction is. I have seen too many of my friends flying off the handle and saying many derogatory things toward President Obama and who should get the credit and whether or not we should rejoice in the death of OBL. I have initial reactions about all of this and I did react, but in haste. Now I am choosing to wait and pray about how God would have me react. I think that many of us need to spend some time thinking and praying about how God would have us react to a situation. I wonder how different the world would be if Christians, just Christians, would stop and consider how God would have us to act in situations?
     I am reminded of a passage in Colossians 3 that helps us know how to conduct ourselves in a Christian manner. I am definitely far from perfect. I am challenged by this passage quite a bit. It says to clothe yourselves with mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave you. Even more than this, clothe yourself in LOVE. LOVE is what holds you all together in perfect unity. Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful!
     Let us pray for our Nation and our World! I think that is the only appropriate response to what is going on in the world today. It is far from over, but God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment